Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Now I know why it is the most downloaded game

This not so good looking-but VERY addictive game called "angry birds" is eating up my time from the past two days. It is the most downloaded game on itunes store. My interest towards playing games has greatly reduced right after my school days. I guess it came with age and maturity. It cannot be said that playing a computer game is a complete waste of time, but it is, if it crosses limits. I had crossed limits way too many times so much that it used to affect my scores in school.
So after a long time..thanks to my colleague, he introduced me to this very-addictive game called angry birds. It is a simple game, not much graphics, and I admire the art and imagination behind it more than the game itself. The way it drags you back to playing it is something which is praiseworthy; not only me, but the whole floor in our office is addicted to it. And the number of levels, they just keep on increasing like there is no-end.
So yes, I've been playing it with a good pace from two days, the time which could have been invested in completing "The cobra" and "Silas Marner" that I'm reading, or in doing something I love to do; It happens with all of us at some point that we suddenly figure out we've been wasting time on something that is nearly useless, and which could be used to do something better. After crossing a limit, a game looses the "fun" part of it, and "addiction" overtakes. I'm in the second phase now. So I'm letting the angry birds be happy!

6 comments:

  1. keep going!!!! best of luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopped playing it! enforcing self-control.:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. My iPhone barely stays with me. My brothers steal it all the time coz of these angry birds :D I wonder why are they so mesmerizing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ayushi that's the point. Once u get hooked onto it, it is difficult to surpass the pulling it gives! n it also eats out your battery!
    n hey, thanks for dropping in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've still not completed it. I'm a slow reader. But I've found Silas Marner to be a good read, beautifully written. It looks at the life of Silas Marner, a weaver and his tragic past and how he goes to Raveloe to make a living where he meets a young girl whom he adopts. Simple emotions. The way the story carries on is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete