Thursday, June 23, 2011

Its the same everywhere!

Whenever we plan to meet up friends or anyone else, we turn-up late mostly thinking that we'd be early and may have to wait for the other. So, if we had planned to meet up at 'sharp' 6pm :P, that means we will leave our houses by 6pm or worse, leave at 6:30. This has come attached to everyone. Atleast among the people who surround me.

There was a technical webinar yesterday (seminar on the web, live) that I had signed up to attend. It was said to start at sharp 5pm. Atleast that's what the website said. So I made arrangements in my office itself.


The webinar was conducted by a lady who was a CEO in some software firm in Delhi.
I logged in at 4:55pm thinking it is better to be early than arrive late and I didn't want to miss it.
Atleast for being a CEO she should have logged in at the correct time. She had quite some people waiting there. Waited and waited and I was about to leave. She suddenly comes live at 5:35pm..that was like more than half an hour delay. And worst thing, she didn't even apologize or mention anything about the delay. So I presume this thing prevails everywhere in all forms and walks!! Can we ever get over it?

2 comments:

  1. It is really so bugging to be around unpunctual people. And most of them dont apologise for the delay at all. It is like taking others for granted. Being punctual is still be considered a choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, taking others for a ride is not humane. But what I think is.. A simple sorry would do a little better than not saying anything at all!

    ReplyDelete