Thursday, June 2, 2011

always happens


I wave my hands to this guy whenever I happen to see him. But neither of us stop to say anything more than a "hi". This has been going on for years (he stays somewhere close to my house). As far as I remember we've spoken thrice, and I really don't remember who introduced us to each other. 

Spoke to him today after more than 3 years. He has completed his mechanical engineering and is looking out for a job. He got one in Mumbai, which he dropped because he likes to stay here. I smiled. When I wanted a job outside my city so badly, I never got it. In fact, I got a job here with an additional bond for 1 year. :P  This guy here doesn't want to move out. There is no longing if we get everything we want! Nature's play.

And sadly, I had to back out from the trip that had been arranged with my friends, my office doesn't like to spare me on weekends too :((  so I'm kinda disturbed now, and a sense of guilt is clouding me..good night!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, we always get what we don't want. Good luck with work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont feel guilty. You dont hav much of a choice,do u? Where's your hometown? And tell me do u knw bengali? Thanx for calling me a 'poet',I liked that. I like ur prose style. Maybe i wud try to write a post or two in prose like u. But i dunno what shud I write about. Gotta think. I did my Masters in English. Im 23 too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Komal sometimes Nature is too unfair. It can atleast give us a part of what we've wanted. thanks :)

    @Amrita true, backing out at the last moment gave me that guilt. I'm Ancestral Tamil settled in Blore and no, I don't know Bengali. haha thanks I never thought anyone would actually like my prose style! Oh masters in English..superb. I've always liked the language, that is one of the reason I started blogging. But I can never write poems, I don't get the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither do I get the flow. I just put lines aftre lines. :)

    ReplyDelete