Sunday, May 8, 2011

A big bug of it's kind.

Expectations hurt. Aesop said, Don't count your chickens before they hatch. But what do we end up doing - we anticipate more and more. And end up being sad because things don't turn out the way we expected them. I keep having such instances and I have had one just now. I wanted my not-so-close friends to call me for a small trip. They didn't call me because there were no seats, I was hurt. And even if they would have called me, I couldn't have gone with them because I have some important work in office tomorrow, but that's secondary. The primary thing is that I was being expectant.

I know most of us are encountering this on a day to day basis in different forms. I have even seen people cry and deeply hurt because things didn't turn out the way they expected them. We expect something to happen, someone to behave as we wanted and at the end it doesn't happen that way. And we are eventually hurt. The more we expect, more of happiness and peace of mind we lose. This is what I'm feeling right now.

I will try to be less expectant from today. We have to do things without anticipation in mind.
There are good aspects of expectations too. But the point of interest is different.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,I dont know ur name & I wont call u eleven.Do tell me ur name.So,hi! Thanx for droppin by at my blog.I quite like urs.Its very cosy,comfy and happy -- like pages frm a diary.Liked ur posts.Hoping we will be blogdosts!

    ReplyDelete