Sunday, May 22, 2011

A phone call can make a difference

I woke up to a dull and cheerless Saturday. There wasn't anything particular that was pestering me, I was not in a swing. I managed to get out of bed, even though I felt like sleeping for longer. I personally don't like getting up late, for me the whole day gets less enthusiastic if I do so. Mr.T wasn't feeling well (better now), so didn't go for our weekend jog/walk. Washed my face. Just then he called me. We spoke about something (forgotten already!) for some 5 minutes, and by the time he kept down the receiver, I realized my mood was elevated and I felt much much better. I wondered and still wonder how a phone call can fill me up. More than the call, speaking to a close buddy did the trick :)

Today as usual, did some volunteering in the morning and then came home. Did some reading, Big bang theory, and then met up with my engineering friends in the evening. We are a group of 11. Only 6 turned up :(..We recollected what all foolish things we did in college, during our outings, dialogue deliveries(lol part), teasing and all that...Engineering life is cherishable to me because of these guys! Everyone have jobs now or are doing their masters or are going to do their masters. I miss this gang and I know everyone feels the same!
Had dinner in Nandhini Restaurant, sadly only veg. Mr. Rao is going to do mba & his college starts sometime in July, so he planned for a trip to a beach (goa or gokarna) sometime in June.
(excited about this already!)

If he plans for a trip, we all are 99% sure that he is the guy who won't make it at the last moment. There are innumerous such instances lol.  It's been a year since we all went out for a trip(as this gang). Now that everyone is settled or going to settle(job and studies wise), we are planning for one again. Hope it happens, as most of the time it doesn't because of our different jobs and different situations and guys keep dropping out coz of that.. Sleeps now! night!

4 comments:

  1. O yes! a call like this can make a world of difference.In lowdowns,old friends give u a big kick-start.O how I loved being in college.My college got over only a month back. it really saddens me.Raw wounds :P Daya are u a guy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can see what are undergoing, I passed out of college last year n my wound is still raw..oh yes I haven't mentioned anywhere whether I'm a guy or a girl(don't knw how I missed that!lol). Didn't feel the need to do so I guess. I don't think I sound girly anywhere, but since u asked, I'm a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, dont mind that i asked.U see u had said u spoke to an ass who you were irritated with but nevertheless he eased your mind. usually girls speak thus about their ex-guys :P you left college only last year? how old are u? 23 maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. np, don't be sorry :) yes I used that word, but I didn't use it in a proper context, my bad, sorry. Removed it now. yup im 23.

    ReplyDelete